Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Monday, May 30, 2011

Hi everyone!!

HELLO!
Ok, so first before this gets too long, I wanted to have enough time to put in my guesses for Elder Saunders! :) HA HA! That's so awesome! I'm so excited! I can't stop smiling! Ok...so I don't know how many I get or how it's working but for me it was one place in the states and one foriegn so I'll do that...States: Georgia :) (reason...Nate...good BBQ! And you'll come back with an accent!) Foreign: Russia...ha ha just kidding, although that would be awesome!, that's not my guess...my guess is...ITALY! The temple is being built and missionary work is on fire at least from what I heard, and they need hard working missionaries like Nate, so that's my guess! Or England...cause you'll come back with a cool accent! :) I can't wait to hear...this week is going to be so long, cause I really want to know...not as bad as Nate probably...well maybe :) Tell him congrats for me and I'm so excited for him! Ok, so this week was good. We found new investigators, and two are kinda progressing. They are reading but not coming to church. We asked one investigator to be baptized and he said maybe but he wants to learn more first. So we are still praying for that! It's been great working with the members lately! They have really opened up to us and we are having a lot of fun together! It is reminding me of home now! We had a few fun experiences on the street this week...one lady, older Russian Orthodox, saw us talking to someone(member of the church) and started yelling at us that we were sinning and that we will be cursed by never finding husbands...the member and I just laughed. We left and I told Sis. Quinn what she said, and she laughed so hard...she had to stop and wait a little before going on, and then wnated to write it in her planner so she didn't forget to write home! I don't know if I can make it sound as funny as it actually was, but just picture a really old lady with a cane, yelling at us, and once we left, she watched us til we were out of sight...I wanted so bad to wave but I thought that would be rude! Anywyas the next day was sunny but had a breeze and we stopped one lady, again older, and she said, "Girls, I'm sorry but I will not talk with you becuase you don't have your coats on. You need to go home and get warmer clothes." Then she left. That was new...I've been givena lot of excuses of why people don't want to talk to us, but not having a coat on...that was different! Anyways...more big news, well not big, just big and scary for me...on the 11th of June I will be training RS again, but thsi time on the District level(stake). I was talking to our District President and he wanted Sis. Sartori to come up with a plan for District Training for the RS so I called her and told her what he wanted discussed, and she couldn't make it cause of a visa trip. She talked with Pres and came back on the phone and said they wanted to know if I would do it instead...ha ha ha! WhAT? I said I would I just wanted to make sure the district Pres was ok with it first, so we went back and met with him and he said that's what he wanted! His wife was in the presidency I trained last month and he said that he saw how that changed the RS and he wants that for the district...needless to say...on the 11th in New City, will be 25 women...RUssian women, and I have two hours to talk...ha ha ha! WHAT!? Sister Sartori is actually doing all the work...she is preparing what she wants talked about and I just talk about each topic....my 2 hours is on the responsiblities of the President and her counselors...should be fun...and nervewracking, but I'm excited in a weird way! We started sprots night last week. We get two hours everyweek to play some kind of sport...it was a lot of fun! ANd it is kinda a way to do missionary work in a relaxing environment...people come and we play sprots and ask if they want to meet! :) We're having an American Evening in July and a lot of people, nonmembers have shown interest, because the majority of people want to know about America, so that should be good! We're also trying to get an opne house started but that might have to wait...we have Invitation Sunday coming up in July also...it's different being on the other side of that one! I've been the member...now I'm the missionary...it's fun! SIs. Quinn is still doing great...all over the cold so we worked like normal this week...hard! Well I think I rambled enough! I love you all so much and thank you for all your prayers and support! Take care this week! And next week...I'm sure none of you are counting...but it's my half way mark...just thought you'd want to know ;)
С Любовь Сестра Вильсон

No comments:

Post a Comment