Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Hey Everyone,
It was so good to talk with you! Sorry it had to be so short, but I'm grateful for whatever time I get! Nothing new has really happens since we talked, except Sunday, we sang with our Zone leaders, Silent Night in Russian and when we were done, they asked us to do an encore of "Sisters in Zion/Armies of Helaman" like we did at the baptism. Well considering I don't understand every word of Russian, I thought they were asking us to sing Silent Night in English, cause Russians really like the song in English for some reason, so when we went to start, me and my companion were singing two different songs, at least just the first words...Silent and As! Yep, I know how to say, "Sorry my bad!" in Russian, so we just started again! Once again, I provided entertainment for the branch, and the Zone leaders! Good times! I never told you that on Christmas, for the Christmas activity they had the four of us do a skit together so we decided to play each other. Me and Sis. Tedrow did what we "thought" elders would do during Contacting and a lesson, and they did the same for us! It was so funny! Everyone was laughing! Elder Morris took pictures on my camera so I'll get them to you as soon as I can! I am sending a letter to the Relief Society this week, so Brandi if you could give it to Holly or Jessi that would be great! :) Candy will follow but it takes a long time to get a package ready here! Oh, and I cut my own bangs the other day! I was so nervous but it was fine! No one in russia is touching my hair...yeah, it's not happening! :) So some things I haven't told you about Russia...there's no bacon! Yeah can you believe that? I love bacn! The only place there is bacon is on potato chips...yep Bacon flavored chips...that's it! Crazy! And the milk...you all know how much I love the tast of milk...thats why I buy fat free cause it basically tastes like water! Well here, they don't have fat free, or 1%, 2%....they do have 2.5%, 3%, and 4%! It's pretty gross! But I drink it! Rarely...I take calcium pills! :) So it's raining today and all the snow is melting! It's crazy how weird the weather is being! It's not cold at all! We slipping all over(still haven't fallen though). I just hope it doesn't freeze tonight! That'll make it fun tomorrow! Well to answer some of the questions, I'm not used to the money quite yet, but it's only cause I don't know what they'r asking for. I understand the amounts of everything, I just don't know how much things are! If that made any sense! :) There is definitely traffic here! A lot of buses and taxis! And there are no speed limits, at least not enforced ones, so that makes every bus ride like a roller coaster...Dad you wouldn't do well on a bus in RussiA ;) Well I don't know what else to say for today so I'll let you go! I'll read you emails and get back to any other questions next week! I love you all so much! It was great to hear from you! Take care and thank you for everything!
Love,
Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment