Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Monday, January 10, 2011

Hi there!!!

Mom and Dad,
Hey how is everything going? So if I am a little scattered sorry! I just got off the phone with Sister Sartori and she told me to start preparing myself, cause President will need me to start being a trainer not this next transfer but the one after (so like May). Yeah....I've never really been this nervous...going to college, nope! Relief Society President...close! Going to Russia...sort of....teaching someone else Russian after only being in Russia for 5 months! HA HA HA! Unlikely! Ok, I'll stop being a brat...I'm just really nervous! But I know that if the Lord needs me to do something, He'll provide a way to get it done...right? :) Thank you so much for your package! It was amazing! The sweaters are beautiful! The red one scared me at first, cause I usually look fat in red, but it was good! I think I might come off really vain in these emails so if anyone else is reading this, I'm not as vain as I sound! ;) And the jewelry...I loved it! Thank you so much for the cd's! MoTab can only go for so long, before I start using it as a frisbee! How is your cold Mom? Better? So to answer some questions from last time...my church debit card is used for travel, food, and personal hygiene stuff. And the cabinets here Dad...well...the modules you don't like in America...they would be very grateful to have half the quality here. Homes aren't that well taken care of, not because of no desire, but cause of lack of time and money. I would love the sugar free candies you asked about! Russia I don't think understands the words sugar free, fat free, anything like that so thank you! :) So yesterday it got cold enough again to make my nosehairs freeze...so not a very lady like converstaion right now...sorry mom :) But I never exactly wanted to know what the feeling of the inside of my noze freezing feels like, but now I know! Lucky me! Ok so you know how i volunteered to teach RS at the end of the month...yeah I also asked to speak in Sacrament....yeah...so things changed and I'm now speaking in Sacrament this week and RS...oh yeah....doing that this week too! IN RUSSIAN! I really think they just want to laugh a lot at one time, but oh well! ;) I'll get it done...might not be the most graceul and lovely language but it'll hopefully be understnadble with my 2nd grade vocab! :) We're singing again at the bapstism this week...Apparently they like when Americans sing...We don't eat at people's houses often cause we don't know how they prepare th food...there is a lot we can't eat here....mainly any fish products so it's better to just not eat at houses but sometimes you can't get away from it! People really like looking at my picutres and a lot of people think Kaylee is my daughter...corrected them fast on that one...except on the elders asked me if she was mine, thinking he was being funny, and I said so seriously, yeah she is....his face went so red. I cleared that up too, don't worry! I have to entertain myself somehow! :) Well work is still slow...the holidays are finally ending and we're going to try and contact all the people we found in our area book the next few weeks! Sis. Tedrow leaves to go home Feb. 7th so we're going to try and work really really hard before she leaves! :) We fasted this last week about the work picking up and there have been so many miracles thru the mission! It's crazy! When the Lord wants something done, it gets done! I love it! I know Alex is going into the MTC this month, and I can't write him a letter that would get to him before he leaves so can you tell him for me how proud I am of him! He is so amazing! I will always be grateful for the example he was to me before I left! I can't even begin to imagine the amount of people he will bless on his mission! Tell him I know he's going to be great...no doubt in my mind about that! I tried to send pics today but the computer has some new firewall so I might have to send them snail mail. Some are already on the way! Well I better get going! Il ove you all so much and thank you for all your prayers and support! You are such a strength to me when times are rough...you have no idea! Take care and I'll write again next week!
Love Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment