Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One week down!!

Mom and Dad,
So, first off i'm going really good! It's what the majority of the letters have asked so I figured I'd start with that! It's been a week that's for sure, but it's been good! I do have a companion going to Russia, but a different mission. Actually my district consists of 8 elders, and the two of us, and not all of us are going to the same one. I have two elders that will be going to Samara with me, so I'm grateful for that! anyways my companion's name is Sister Margolies, she's from Wisconsin, well her family is, she doesn't claim it. She's very nice and we're getting along good. We actually found out yesterday that we are getting another companion tomorrow, making it a threesome. So here's the story, there was a mix up at the office so she's coming a week late, but she lived in Ukraine for 7 years, so knows Ukranian, then Germany, so she knows German, has been at byu for the last four years and received her call to serve in Hawaii....RUSSIAN speaking! It's crazy but I'm excited to meet her! My district is amazing! All of the elders are so fun to be around and there are a few that really make us laugh. Yesterday, our district leader had us all...including our teacher, almost in tears he was being so funny! Good ole idaho boys! (that's for bryce) I have caught up on some sleep but it's hard cause the beds are not comfy at all and it gets really dry at night. But oh well, I'll get use to it. sunday was different but good! Oh and by the way...I know how to spell and puncuate but the computer keyboards are sticking so sorry for my bad grammar but I have a time limit so i'm not worrying about it! :) But for Sacrament they choose two people to speak each Sunday, that day! It's crazy! Relief Society is amazing! It's all of the sisters in the MTC and last week Sister Elaine Dalton(YW General President) spoke to us! It was awesome! I loved it so much! So on to the thing people keep asking about...that little thing called learning a new language!!!! So I'm going to be honest. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I didn't think it would be this hard, but Russian is hard! We're going at such a fast pace too! So in one week I can conjugate verbs(I'm not sure I know how to do that in english :)), bear my testimony, and introduce myself. Not perfectly but enough that they could understand. we have our first "fake" teaching appointment tomorrow night and it's nerve wracking! we have to do that first 5-10 minutes in Russian, then give a 35 minute lesson on the restoration in English. It should be intersting for sure! but yeah...Russian....hard! I'm very aware of why we're in here for 12 weeks! I did see Aleta, actually i've seen her like three times! It's cool but weird at the same time. You get in a mindset of MTC, then someone from home life comes up! But it's always good to see her! Dad, in our orientation meeting, President Smith(Pres. of the MTC) asked everyone to stand up but their state, and he went through all of them saving Utah for last. There were so many from Utah and everyone standing had that Utah attitude in their shouts and stuff, and pres smith said "ok well before you get all excited about being from utah you might want to keep in mind it was the Lord's fifth pick for zion!" it was awesome! So you can use that if you want1 :) And one more thing, Sister Smith talked to us also and she said that when we all stood and sang called to serve, she had distinct impression that all of our grandparents who have passed on, that we wish could have been with us, are telling everyone they know, that their grandchild is on a mission! She said that we should know that they are proud of us! It was so amazing! I immediately started to cry alittle and thought of grandpa. It was such a confidence boost! I met with our branch Pres. on Sunday and we were talking about different stuff and he started cry and said that the spirit was telling him that I was more than ready to go on a mission. I cryed again. See I don't make myself cry, people are making me cry!!! I need to start taking notes on what I want to talk to you about cause I can't remember everything I wanted to say! We have our first devotional tonight which everyone says is always just amazing so that's exciting to look forward to! after this I have a hour of personal time for letters so I'll write everyone back then! Just in case they ask! :) We went to the temple this morning and it was great as usual! a little different, but great! The elders here have been taught to respect the sisters by opening doors, letting them go first in line, etc. its hilarious cause most of them do it but when someone doesn't all the elders around him get on him for not respecting us! the elders in my district really are amazing though! our district leader said yesterday that we've already bonded like a family which is kinda true cause some of the things they talk about, they would only do in front of their family! :) but it's good! they make me laugh! And they enjoy it! :) well i'm running low on time so hopefully I got to all your questions! Would you mind sending me some kleenex? :) i don't know what else! Thank you! I love you both so much and am so grateful for everything! you have no idea how much you mean to me! I love you and I'll write again in a week!

Love, Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment