Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hi again!

Mom and Dad,
I just got back from the temple...only day where the meal is good! :) It was really good...it's kinda early but I didn't fall asleep so that's a plus! Ok, so I wrote a list of the questions you asked, so I'll answer them first, so I don't forget! My new companion did come last week! Her name is Sister Alexeenko! She is so much fun! I love having her here! The only bad thing, is that she's only here three more weeks! basically, just to brush up on Russian, and then off to the Hawaii temple visitor's center! But it'll be good having her for as long as we can! we took a bunch of pictures on Sunday, so I'll send them out on thursday...I can only order pictures tuesday, and it takes two days to get back! we didn't have to change rooms, since it's only a temp companionship...we call it a tripanionship though...it sounds better! :) Our teaching appts are going good...we're kinda at square one again in preparing, since we don't know how to teach with three people, but it's getting better. We have a "progressing" investigator, that we taught for the first time last night! it went ok, but we need to work better as a group! we didn't get to see the broadcast Sunday, cause they want us to watch it on Saturday when the Elders are at Priesthood session...it makes sense i guess we just really wanted to see it! No classes though on Saturday cause of conference! Everyone is so excited about it! It'll be good! No we don't have FHE's. It's just a normal class day :( Makes me miss home! And no Mom, I wasn't put in the corner! I was the last one to get to the district the first day so it was the only chair left. And I don't like it so much! oh well...only what, 8 1/2 more weeks! so my schedule...sunday is a day of rest...we have normal meetings and with the time left, we do a temple walk, hang out and get to know each other, or study the scriptures. It's a really low key day which is great after a long week! Monday, wed, thur, fri, and Sat, are all class days where depending on the time of day, we have either language, gospel study, or MDT(Missionary Directed time-personal, companion study). It's a pretty full schedule that's for sure! But it equals out. And of course tuesday is P-day! it's a great day! :) And no I don't like Star Wars...the Elders in my district love make lightsavers with their pens! And they do make for fun pictures! we took more at our temple walk Sunday so I'll get those to you! And Dad, I told the district that you picked out the bag and they were very impressed! they liked that you didn't send a pink bag! :) Oh and yes, it is rude to talk about the pulled pork sandwiches when I'm at the MTC trying to swallow mouthfuls of gross! Ok maybe it's not that bad, but the food is so not improving! So I'm glad you're able to eat nicely! ;) The gym finally opened so I run the track now with Sis. whitney, 3 days a week and the other three days, Elder Windham made a workout plan for us....he even laminated it! It's hard but it definitely gives us energy! So choir practice is tonight for the first time now that the gym floor is open...not too excited, but oh well...it's only 8 1/2 weeks of singing...and I'll go with the attitude of liking it....maybe! :) It's in english, but in class we sing all songs in russian! It's getting bad, cause I go to bed and wake up with them in my head...well I guess that's not really a bad thing! i can't wait to see if i see Jenna on Wednesday! It is fun to go up to the front when all the new ones come in! You know to welcome them and let them know it's not prison! :) we just don't mention the food! So who are the people preparing for missions in the ward? i knew of Jordan, Alex,and Kyle...speaking of I saw Eston and aleta on Sunday! We took a picture so that'll be coming too! eston will be a great missionary...when we were taking the picture, my shirt touched his arm, and he was like "Sister wilson, you're touching me." My district enjoyed teasing me for the rest of the day! Yes, we do have a store, that we go to a lot! it has some things but not everything! I need to buy stamps today or else no one will be getting letters! :) the lesson last sunday went good! i love teaching so much, but it did make me really miss relief Society! And I don't eat in my room, only because I'm only there early in the morning and late at night, so I'm just not eating! :) any food you send, I keep in the classroom! And thank you so much for the package! the food is gone..was the first day! And they again told me to tell you that I have awesome parents! :) Ok I think I answered everything. So how is everything doing? how's the ward? Anything new? well in regards to russian...still hard! I know I sound like a broken record, but it's so true! It's crazy hard! it's still coming...very slowly, but it's coming. I have to keep reminding myself of that! Some days are great and I love every second and then there are times where it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! There's a saying in the sister dorms...nothing lasts forever...not your bad days, not your good days, not your mission! make the best of everyday! It's hard sometimes, but I have good people around me and that saying isn't exactly correct! families last forever! you all are definifely my biggest support! i love you all very much and enjoy hearing from you every time!! It seriously makes my day and gives me extra confidence...in the language area! but other than that the MTC is great...ok other than the food! I'm getting a little bored, but it's still fun most of the time! i miss you all so much! thank you for everything! I'll write again if I have time while doing laundry! take care!
Love,
Sister Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment