Russia Samara Mission

Mission Updates for Sister Brittany Wilson







Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another week down!!

Mom and Dad,

Hi again! I can't believe it's already been another week! Ok, so before I get to questions this time, I want to tell you about last night! I told you about our progressing investigators...I can't spell their names cause it's an english keyboard! :) Well last night, we committed one to baptism! It was the most nerve wracking amazing experience ever! Bro. Wood plays different investigators for each companionship and we've been teaching Ke-reel(english pronunciation) for the last four weeks every Monday night. And last night I don't know what happened..well yeah I do but it was so amazing! I asked him to read a scripture and since it was in Russian, I said the wrong one! Oops! But it ended up being a scripture about baptism so Sis. Margolies ran with it and told him what baptism was, then she looks at me and just stares! My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to faint...in a good way, so I testified of Jesus Christ as our Savior and extended the baptismal commitment...he said in Russian...yes, thank you thank you, that's what I want! I of course was crying cause apparently I have no control of my tear ducts, and testified again and scheduled some things! We have another appt on Saturday and I am so excited! Even though it was a fake investigator, the spirit and revelation was real! I have never felt the spirit that strong in my life. I literally felt like my whole body was shaking but it wasn't. It was amazing! After we closed the lesson, the district started yelling and screaming! We were all so happy! Bro. Wood said we did great in following the promptings of the Spirit and the elders said that the whole room was on the edge of their seats waiting for me to commit him to baptism. I kinda knew that considering I could hear Elder Noren behind me making noises like he wanted to jump in and do it himself. :) It was great! Ok, so anyways....I'll write more about it later today! I just wanted to tell you about it so bad! Bro. Wood said that the feeling we had at that point is only about a 1/4 of what we'll feel when it's real! I want to go to Russia so bad right now! Even if I get doors slammed in my face, yelling grandma's, or rude comments, the ones that come to Christ, like last night, those will make it all worth it! If it wasn't for the fact that I...well can't speak enough Russian to save my life....I would leave now! Ok so onto questions...yes we got moved into our room and it's amazing! Sis. Alexeenko left for Hawaii yesterday so it's just the four of us now! We have nightly talking/eating sessions! it's really good to be able to talk at the end of the day with sisters who are going through the same things! I'll send a picture of us soon. We are planning on taking Matrix and light saver pictures today during our "personal time"....yes it's as cool and dorky as it sounds but apparently it's like a right of passage if you're here 3 months! They'll be cool! :) And no I can't believe that we've been here more than 1/2 the time! We're getting our talks on being examples cause the new districts come in tomorrow and they want us to be mature! :) We only have four more temple days! :( Speaking of which...our temple walks got cancelled cause too many Elders were meeting family or significant others at the temple on Sunday. We don't know when we'll be allowed back there but probably not before we leave! I'm sorry but how awkward is that? You ask your girlfirend to meet you at the temple so you AND your companion can shake her hand, and talk about the gospel...seriously? Let go...she'll be dating someone new in a few months anyways! :) Ok that wasn't from me...Elder Bangereter said that! But it's true! No you can tell me when people get their mission calls! I'm really anxious to hear! So if anyone gets one, let me know please! It's so exciting! And if I can guess...Jordan is going to either Texas or Mexico, and Alex is going either Florida or Ukraine! Those are my guesses! They haven't told us anything about what we'll need money wise or credit card/debit card stuff. I'll ask next time I see whose in charge, but I think they start talking to us when we have three weeks left. I'll let you know when I find anything out! And thank you thank you for the packages! The district loved the over the hill one! They weren't as excited about my clothes! ;) Mom, they said they are going to call you Sister Debbie cause Sister Wilson was confusing to them(considering, to them, that's my name) and District 9B Mom was too impersonal. They love you so much! And they talk about your beef jerky literally everyday! And thank you for the sweaters! They are so nice and warm! It's getting colder here by the day which I love....weird I know, but I'd like to somewhat be used to some kind of cold before stepping off that plane in Moscow! And the pants fit great! Thank you! Elder Bahr is the new district leader since Elders Noren and Bangerter and Zone leaders now. He's doing good! We've decided we're going to do FHE as a district...but since it's during Study time, we play grammar and sentence games! Sounds boring but we had so much fun last night and learned from each other! It was great! I saw Jenna Sunday night before she left! She left this morning! She's doing so good! And looks very happy! It's hard not to though! So I learned...I won't be allowed outside AT ALL on New Years Eve/Day...something about Russia being the Vodka capital of the world! Fun stuff! And the Russian is coming faster by the day! the grammar is the worst part but it's amazing that when the Lord wants you to get something...you get it! Slowly but surely, I'll be speaking Russian one day! :) Ok, I have to get going! Laundry time! I'll try to write more today....and if my hand gets tired, well you know who'll end up writing! Elders are such gentleman...at least the Russian ones are! :) Cause they're the only ones I know! I love you both so much! Thank you for everything you do for me! I can't wait to talk to you in 5 weeks and maybe even say something in Russian! ;) Take care! Love Sister Wilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment